Main Article Content
Common variable immunodeficiency; acute pericarditis; inflammatory complication
Common variable immune deficiency (CVID) is known as the most prevalent symptomatic inborn error of immunity associated with autoimmune and inflammatory complications in addition to recurrent infections. In this study, we investigated the prevalence of acute pericarditis as a complication in the past medical history of 337 CVID patients. We found five patients (1.5%) that had experienced acute pericarditis, and described the medical history of three patients.
2. Knight A, Cunningham-Rundles C. Inflammatory and autoimmune complications of common variable immune deficiency. Autoimmunity reviews. 2006;5:156-9.
3. Ahn S, Cunningham-Rundles C. Role of B cells in common variable immune deficiency. Expert Review of Clinical Immunology. 2009;5(5):557-64.
4. Yazdani R HS, Sharifi L, Azizi G, Abolhassani H, Olbrich P5, Aghamohammadi A Common Variable Immunodeficiency: Epidemiology, Pathogenesis, Clinical manifestations, Diagnosis, Classification and Management. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2020;30(1).
5. Payandeh P, Khoshkhui M, Jabbari Azad F, Farid Hosseini R. A Patient With Common Variable Immunodeficiency and Pericardial Effusion: A Case Report and Review of Literature %J Journal of Pediatrics Review. 2019;7(3):177-80.
6. Human A, Murguia-Favela L, Benson L, Roifman I, Grunebaum E. Cardiovascular abnormalities in primary immunodeficiency diseases. LymphoSign Journal. 2014;2(3):107-34.
7. Adler Y, Charron P, Imazio M, Badano L, Barón-Esquivias G, Bogaert J, et al. 2015 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of pericardial diseases: The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)Endorsed by: The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). European Heart Journal. 2015;36(42):2921-64.
8. Zeinaloo AA, Shabanian R, Salavati A, Abdollahzade S, Rezaei N, Alizadeh H, Sayadpour Zanjani K, Kiani A. Echocardiographic abnormalities and their correlation with bronchiectasis score in primary antibody deficiencies. Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine. 2010;11(4):244-9.
9. Johnston SL, Hill SJ, Lock RJ, Dwight JF, Unsworth DJ, Gompels MM. Echocardiographic abnormalities in primary antibody deficiency. 2004;80(942):214-8.
10. Ho H-e, Cunningham-Rundles C. Non-infectious Complications of Common Variable Immunodeficiency: Updated Clinical Spectrum, Sequelae, and Insights to Pathogenesis. 2020;11(149).
11. Laufs H, Nigrovic, P.A., Schneider, L.C., Oettgen, H., Del Nido, P., Moskowitz, I.P.G., Blume, E., and Perez-Atayde, A.R. Giant cell myocarditis in a 12-year-old girl with common variable immunodeficiency. Mayo Clin Proc. 2002;77(1):92-6.
12. Ramzi N, Jamee M, Bakhtiyari M, Rafiemanesh H, Zainaldain H, Tavakol M, et al. Bronchiectasis in common variable immunodeficiency: A systematic review and meta-analysis. 2020;55(2):292-9.
13. Maglione PJ. Autoimmune and Lymphoproliferative Complications of Common Variable Immunodeficiency. Current Allergy and Asthma Reports. 2016;16(3):19.