Main Article Content
radiofrequency therapy, HPV16-E7, lentiviral infection, immune system
Objective: To investigate the effect of radiofrequency therapy (RFT) on HPV16-E7 lentivirus infection in the reproductive tract of mice and reveal its effect on immune function of splenic lymphocytes.
Materials and Methods: The mouse reproductive tract model was established by infection with HPV16-E7 lentivirus. Fluorescence microscope was used to evaluate successful injection. The expression of HPV16-E7 protein was detected by Western blotting test. The levels of CD4+ and CD8+ were determined by flow cytometry, and the ratio was calculated. The proliferation of splenic lymphocytes was detected by MTT assay. Expression of Interleukin (IL)-2 and interferon-γ (IFN-γ) messenger RNA (mRNA) in lymphocyte was determined by reverse transcription-quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR).
Results: Fluorescence microscope determined the successful injection of HPV16-E7 lentivirus. Compared with model group, RFT treatment decreased HPV16-E7 protein, and increased CD4+/CD8+ ratio and the proliferation activity of splenic lymphocytes. Besides, RFT treatment increased the mRNA expression levels of IL-2 and IFN-γ compared to the model group. In particular, the proliferation activity of spleen lymphocytes and the expression levels of IL-2 mRNA and IFN-γ mRNA in RFT were higher at 12 days than at 6 days after treatment.
Conclusion: RFT could eliminate HPV16-E7 lentivirus infection in the reproductive tract of mice, and the mechanism was related to the immune system.
2. Zhao S, Yan L, Zhao Z, Rong F. Up-regulation of miR-203 inhibits the growth of cervical cancer cells by inducing cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2019;40(5):791–5. 10.12892/ejgo4611.2019
3. Izzo F, Granata V, Grassi R, Fusco R, Palaia R, Delrio P, et al. Radiofrequency ablation and microwave ablation in liver tumors: An Update. Oncologist. 2019;24(10):e990–1005. 10.1634/theoncologist.2018-0337
4. Caruth JC. Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of a novel radiofrequency device for vaginal treatment. Surg Technol Int. 2018;32:145–9.
5. Tan W, Deng Q, Lin S, Wang Y, Xu G. Comparison of microwave ablation and radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Hyperthermia. 2019;36(1):264–72. 10.1080/02656736.2018.1562571
6. Repici A, Genco C, Anderloni A, Spaggiari P, Mineri R, Carlino A, et al. A case of esophageal squamous cell intraepithelial neoplasia with positivity for type 16 human papillomavirus successfully treated with radiofrequency ablation. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2014;5(2):E36–9. 10.1016/j.tgie.2014.08.004
7. Zhou J, Li B, Peng C, Wang F, Fu Z, Zhou C, et al. Inhibition of cervical cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo by lentiviral-vector mediated shRNA targeting the common promoter of HPV16 E6 and E7 oncogenes. Antiviral Res. 2013;98(2):305–13. 10.1016/j.antiviral.2013.03.010
8. National Research Council of the National Academies. Committee for the update of the guide for the care and use of laboratory animals. In: Guide for the care and use of laboratory animals, 8th ed. The National Academies collection: Reports funded by National Institutes of Health. Washington (DC): National Academies Press; 2011.
9. Wang D, Li Z, Xiao J, Wang J, Zhang L, Liu Y, et al. Identification of broad-genotype HPV L2 neutralization site for Pan-HPV vaccine development by a cross-neutralizing antibody. PLoS One. 2015;10(4):e0123944. 10.1371/journal.pone.0123944
10. Zhang JP, Pan HM, Fang Y, Huang LP, Wu JM. Impact of radiofrequency on splenocyte immunity of mice bearing H22 liver cancer. Ai Zheng. 2006;25(1):34–9. Chinese.
11. Li F, Xia Z, Yu JH, Chen Q, Hu JZ, Zhu B, et al. Cardioversion efficacy of nifekalan in patients with sustained atrial fibrillation after radiofrequency ablation. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2019;47(12):963–8. Chinese. 10.3760/cma.j.issn.0253-3758.2019.12.004
12. Wang K, Liu G, Li J, Yan Z, Xia Y, Wan X, et al. Early intrahepatic recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma after hepatectomy treated with re-hepatectomy, ablation or chemoembolization: A prospective cohort study. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2015;41(2):236–42. 10.1016/j.ejso.2014.11.002
13. Chen JT. Advances in Ginsenosides. Biomolecules. 2020 Apr; 10(5):681. 10.3390/biom10050681
14. Hancock G, Blight J, Lopez-Camacho C, Kopycinski J, Pocock M, Byrne W, et al. A multi-genotype therapeutic human papillomavirus vaccine elicits potent T cell responses to conserved regions of early proteins. Sci Rep. 2019;9(1):18713. 10.1038/s41598-019-55014-z
15. Duan X-H, Li T-F, Zhou G-F, Han X-W, Zheng C-S, Chen P-f, et al. Transcatheter arterial embolization combined with radiofrequency ablation activates cD8+ T-cell infiltration surrounding residual tumors in the rabbit VX2 liver tumors. Onco Targets Ther. 2016;9:2835. 10.2147/OTT.S95973
16. Shaobin W, Yu X, Jiatian L, Zaizhong C, Luping D, Junhui C. Changes of CD4(+) T-cell subsets after radiofrequency ablation in lung cancer and its significance. J Cancer Res Ther. 2016;12(Supplement):C166–70. 10.4103/0973-1482.200609
17. Shi L, Chen L, Wu C, Zhu Y, Xu B, Zheng X, et al. PD-1 blockade boosts radiofrequency ablation-elicited adaptive immune responses against tumor. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22(5):1173–84. 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-15-1352
18. Wang H, Luo H, Wan X, Fu X, Mao Q, Xiang X, et al. TNF-α/IFN-γ profile of HBV-specific CD4 T cells is associated with liver damage and viral clearance in chronic HBV infection. J Hepatol. 2020;72(1):45–56. 10.1016/j.jhep.2019.08.024
19. Gaffen SL, Liu KD. Overview of Interleukin-2 function, production and clinical applications. Cytokine. 2004;28(3):109–23. 10.1016/j.cyto.2004.06.010
20. Pudil R, Vasatova M, Parizek P, Haman L, Horakova L, Palicka V. Increase of serum Interleukin 6 and Interferon-γ is associated with the number of impulses in patients with supraventricular arrhythmias treated with radiofrequency catheter ablation. Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub. 2016;160(1):106–10. 10.5507/bp.2015.038